Monday, November 9, 2009

Ruskin Seafood Festival '09



E.G. Simmons Park,
2401 19th Ave NW, Ruskin, FL 33570
Phone 813-671-7655

Website http://www.ruskinseafoodfestival.org/

We went to hang out while Dad and his crew cooked and do our "2nd annual bounce-a-thon".
James had so much fun last year that I just knew that we'd spend the whole day jumping and I'd spend the whole day passing SEA BUCKS to some teenager.
C&S/ Seafood set-up/Ruskin '09

As luck would have it this year James was distracted in our back yard and we didn't leave here until well after noon. It takes about 45 minutes to get there and was about 38 or so miles away. I have to admit that I really wasn't paying attention to the actual mileage. I just wanted to get there before closing time...
Before today's bath #1
After today's bath #1


We played some fun kid games and were offered prizes. We built a Home Depot kids sailboat kit and James got his own smock, which he refused to wear... (now he actually has 3 from this weekend alone!)
Needless to say, in the interest of leading by example, I wore it.
Well actually, I wore it for the rest of the afternoon...

With all of the wind the smock ended up blowing behind me so I dubbed it my "SUPER MOM" cape.
Maybe next time I won't be feeling camera shy...

He had a hell of a time going between the bounce house and the bounce slide... I may be calling those people the next time I need an hour (or six) of freedom...

We stayed until after the event was over and helped the crew pack up. James was a big help and enjoyed pulling pipes to the trailer for packing. He also spent some time amusing himself by making patterns in the sand. He is really REALLY into patterns, and erasing them, and making new ones...

On the ride home he said "That was fun mom". He was right, it was.












On a side note
James is staying awake more often on car rides, COOL!!!
Now I can point and yell, "Cow", and not feel like a dummy afterward...

No comments:

Post a Comment