Thursday, December 3, 2009

It worked! It really worked!


It's early in the morning and I still can't sleep.








I the interest of keeping a promise to myself, and because I really had to know, I broke out one of the clear glass Christmas bulbs that I bought at Michaels over the weekend. I opened up a bag of dollar store microwave popcorn that I bought for the project. I wiped most of the buttrery stuff off of a bunch or kernels and counted 30 into the top of the bulb.
I put the bulb into a paper lunch sack and stuck it intot he microwave. Two minutes did the trick and now I have a clear glass bulb filled with popcorn! This is so cool!
I'm going to wipe off a handful more and put them aside for tonight so that James, Woody, and I can make more of them together. This totally beats trying to string popcorn for the tree!

 UPDATE
We worked on them together and they came out very well. One bulb out of the 6 broke, but it was worth it.
Pictures below.



~later!~





No comments:

Post a Comment