Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bye, Mom!

 This morning I watched at the door while my guy got ready to take James to "School".

They have the coolest routine. James climbs in to the truck through the drivers side and shimmies over to his spot on the bench seat. Dad gets in and grabs James' belt buckle and buckles it. He buckles his own and they both say" Buckle up". It was very entertaining, like watching a well rehearsed play.

They both looked out the windshield and waved goodbye. The truck wasn't even started yet.
I think they expected me to turn and go back intot he house. I didn't move.

All of a sudden James started rolling his window down, which for a 3 year old in a 17 year old truck is not an easy task. The truck engine started and held while James continued to roll.

Once the window was down James leaned against his belt as far as he could and stuck his face out the window. "Bye, Mom." he said and then proceeded to roll his window back up. I just stood there giggling, waving, and saying my goodbyes in turn.

My guy added, "You know he rolled that down just to say goodbye to you, right?"

Yes I did, I do, and I LOVE IT!

~ ~ ~Wave ~ ~ ~

Goodbye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment