Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ooh look what I "found"

WHAT A FLIPPIN' FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

James has a small obsession with popcorn. It's my fault, I admit it.

We have an air popper that's been "in" my family for at least 15 years and it still works (although some pieces are missing).

One day while we were out and about I got him all excited about making popcorn and we came home and made 4 HUGE bowlfuls! He hadn't ever had more than a handful before. I usually save it as a treat because it's slightly time consuming to pull out the pieces and put it together then get out the corn and measure a couple servings (popped bowlfuls) worth.
The butter tray is missing so we melt some butter in the microwave and then add salt or cheese or spices....
Needless to say this is a favorite activity. I think it's mostly because we only do it a couple of times per month.
My new preoccupation with reading the blogs on this site brought me to something new and interesting, so I've added it to the blogs that I follow and I've ripped off the potion of the post that I thought was cool...

Christmas Craft
Clear Christmas Ornament Project

"I've had clear ornaments for a few years and decided to find a project to use them. ...I'm sitting here eating a bag of popcorn I don't want (at 12:30 a.m.) because I was supposed to put the kernels in the ornament and then microwave it.

Here are the instructions...Unlike myself, read them before you start the project. Even though my popcorn is small inside the ornament, it is still adorable.

Remove the metal top. Place 15-25 kernels of microwavable popcorn in the ornament. (Wipe off some of the oily gunk first.) Place the ornament in a paper bag and put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Listen carefully, you may not need to leave them in for a full two minutes. When the popcorn is done popping, remove the ornament carefully, it will be hot. Sprinkle some glitter in if you like. Tie a pretty ribbon on the top and hang from your tree."
cool, huh?            

                        Oh Ok, I "borrowed" this one too... 
Angel Feather Gift


This angel feather makes a great gift for Christmas, but it can also be used for gift giving during other occasions or even for a friend that is battling cancer. All you do is remove the top from a clear ornament and suspend the feather. Add a bow and the following poem.

I am an angel feather
sent from God above
To serve as a reminder to you
of his precious love
I'm from your guardian angel
that God assigned to you
and fell out in her struggles
as she protected you
Each time you almost stumble
and each time you nearly fall
Thank God and all his angels
for answering your call...

Sniffle... I LOVE IT!       

       

No comments:

Post a Comment